Helping to Bring a Better Future for Interior Design Professionals in Oklahoma
What is OIDC?
The Oklahoma Interior Design Coalition is the single organization representing the Interior Design profession in Oklahoma and speaks as the unified voice on issues affecting the design profession. OIDC, in its efforts to strengthen the future of the Interior Design Profession in Oklahoma, gives you a voice and presence at the Oklahoma Capitol.
OIDC members are kept informed on:
- Process for registration of Interior Designers
- Health, safety and welfare issues
- Legislative activity that may affect Interior Designers
- Importance of being politically organized at state, city and county levels
What are the principal activities of OIDC?
As your representative, OIDC is active at the capitol and across the state in various ways.
- Inform the public of the interior design industry’s role in protecting the public’s health, safety and welfare
- Support the Board of Governors of the Licensed Architects, Landscape Architects and Interior Designers in educating Interior Designers concerning the rules and regulations.
- Network with allied professions and industries to address mutual concerns, exchange information, and solidify coalitions.
- Ensure the Interior Design Profession is represented during legislative committee meetings.
- Initiate both legislation and legislative revisions.
- Retain a lobbyist to monitor the Oklahoma legislature and legislation that may affect the design industry.
How can you support OIDC?
- Your membership is an essential component to OIDC’s success, and membership insures you have the latest and most complete information.
- Volunteers are important to the success of OIDC! There are many volunteer opportunities both large and small for you to lend your time and talents.
- Sponsorship opportunities are available, too.
- Aug 9 & 10
Metrocon Expo and Conference, Dallas Market Hall.
Stop by the OIDC booth!